To ensure a software product to meet the expectations of users, software quality control (software QC) is the solution. In this article, VNEXT Global, an IT outsourcing company in Vietnam, will provide an overview of software quality control (software QC), including definition, activities, standards, advantages and disadvantages.
What Is Software Quality Control?
Software Quality Control (Software QC) is a validation process that determines whether the software product satisfies client requirements, or the quality is appropriate for the intended use. This process focuses on the final result in an effort to find errors and better the quality of the software program. This is our answer to the question “What is software QC?”
Software Quality Control Process
Working on PDCA (Plan Do Check Action) principle, the software quality control process contains 2 main activities, each of which includes some sub activities.
Software Quality Assurance (QA)
Software QA contains 3 main types:
- Functional testing
- Usability testing
- Compatibility testing
- Security testing
- Performance testing
You can read more about software QA here
Software Testing contains 3 main levels:
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- System testing
- Acceptance testing
You can read more about software testing here
International Software Quality Control Standards
There are some ISO standards to review the quality of software products. The ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119, for example, is to establish a collection of software testing standards that may be utilized by any company for every type of software testing and with any life cycle. The standards which are followed by the software development life cycle (SDLC).
The ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119 includes:
- ISO/IEC 29119-1: It shows the concepts and definitions of software.
- ISO/IEC 29119-2: It indicates different test processes.
- ISO/IEC 29119-3: It emphasizes testing related documents of the software product.
- ISO/IEC 29119-4: It focuses on different testing techniques and plans.
- ISO/IEC 29119-5: It shows different types of keyword-driven software testing.
Advantages and disadvantages of Software Quality Control
Advantages of Software QC
- It helps to check if the product satisfies clients and users.
- The defects in the software application are defined.
- It improves the productivity and efficiency of software development teams
- It enhances the organizational ability to produce a high quality software product.
- It makes the final software product flawless and high-quality.
- It creates trust and loyalty from clients.
- It satisfies users
Disadvantages of Software QC
- It is time-consuming for process testing.
- The deployment of software products can be delayed.
- It requires more resources for software product validation.
- Each individual of the team doesn't take responsibility for the quality of their own work.
- If the software application is rejected, then there is a big issue in budgeting for the organization.
Software quality control, or software QC, plays an important role in the development process of any software product. If your products meet the expectations of clients and users, your business reputation can become higher and higher.
If you are looking for a trusted IT partner, VNEXT Global is the ideal choice. With 14+ years of experience, we surely can help you to optimize your business digitalization within a small budget and short time. Currently, we have 400+ IT consultants and developers in Mobile App, Web App, System, Blockchain Development and Testing Services. We have provided solutions to 600+ projects in several industries for clients worldwide. We are willing to become a companion on your way to success. Please tell us when is convenient for you to have an online meeting to discuss this further. Have a nice day!