In order to help you feel more confident and well-prepared before an interview about software testing, VNEXT Global provides a series of common software testing interview questions for tester or QA positions. These questions are collected after consulting with our experienced, professional manual and automation testers. Before reading this section, please read 45 Questions For Software Testing Interview With Sample Answers (Part 1).
45 Common Software Testing Interview Questions (Part 2)
16. What do you need to prepare an acceptance plan?
I often prepare the acceptance document using these inputs:
- Requirement document specifying client requirements
- Additional from clients, including discussions, emails, etc.
- Project plan prepared by the PM
17. Can you tell me what is test coverage?
Test coverage assists to measure the amount of testing carried out by a set of tests. Test coverage can be used in both functional and non-functional testing.
18. What are types of coverage techniques?
There are 3 major types of coverage techniques:
- Statement coverage ensuring that each line of source code has been executed and tested.
- Decision coverage ensuring that every decision (true/false) in the source code has been executed and tested.
- Path coverage ensuring that all possible routes through a given part of the code are executed and tested.
19. What is load testing?
Load testing validates how the system interacts with the expected user load. It may include the number of users on the system, or the resources accessing the database.
20. What is stress testing?
Stress testing validates how the system interacts with stress. This kind of testing can help to identify the upper limit and make changes/ modifications to raise the limit.
21. What should be included in test scenarios?
- The module or component being tested, such as login credentials, contact forms or admin functions
- Scenario ID
- Description of the scenario
- The importance of the scenario
22. What are differences between static and dynamic testing?
- Static testing aims to improve the consistency and internal quality of work products. Dynamic testing mainly concentrates on externally visible behaviors of the software products.
- Static testing helps to detect defects in work products directly and quickly. Dynamic testing identifies failures triggered by defects when the software is run in real time.
- Compared with dynamic testing it is easier and cheaper to find and fix defects with static testing.
23. What should be included in the work product review process?
A work product review process contains 5 main phases:
- Initiate review
- Individual review
- Issue analysis
- Fixing and reporting
24. When do you need software testing maintenance?
Software testing maintenance is necessary in these situations:
- Modification, such as planned improvements, corrective and emergency changes, changes of the operational system.
- Migration from one platform to another, or data conversion when integrating
25. Can you list testing defects of user acceptance testing?
- System workflows is not accurate according to business or user requirements
- Business or project rules are not implemented properly
- System does not satisfy contractual requirements
- Non-functional failures, namely security vulnerabilities, inadequate performance efficiency, or improper operation
26. Please name testing defects of component/ unit testing.
- Incorrect functionalities
- Data flow problems
- Incorrect code and logic
27. Can you name testing defects of component integration testing?
- Incorrect data, missing data, incorrect data encoding
- Incorrect sequencing or timing of interface calls
- Interface mismatch
- Failures in interactions between components
- Failures in communication between components
- Incorrect assumptions about the meaning, units, or boundaries of the data being passed between components
28. Can you list testing defects of system integration testing?
- Inconsistent message structures among systems
- Incorrect data, missing data
- Interface mismatch
- Failures in communication among systems
- Incorrect assumptions about the meaning, units, etc.
- Failures to follow mandatory security regulations
29. Name some testing defects of system testing
- Incorrect calculations
- Incorrect or unexpected system functional or non-functional behaviors
- Incorrect control and data flows within the system
- Failure to operate end-to-end functional tasks
- System failure to work well in the system environments
- System failure to work as described in system and user manuals
30. What are included in test execution work products?
In test execution work products, there are:
- Documentation reporting test cases and test procedures
- Defect reports
- Documentation about test items, test objects, test tools, and testware
31. What should be included in test completion work products?
Test completion work products should include 4 main parts:
- Test summary reports
- Actions to improve subsequent projects or iterations
- Changes in requests and product backlog items
- Finalized testware
Hopefully, these software testing interview questions suggested by the QA team of VNEXT Global will help you to have better preparation before your career turning points. And don’t forget to read other articles in this series for more interesting, insightful software testing interview questions with sample answers from experienced testers.
- 45 Questions For Software Testing Interview With Sample Answers (Part 1)
- 45 Interview Questions On Software Testing With Sample Answers (Part 3)
If you are looking for a trusted IT partner, VNEXT Global is the ideal choice. With 14+ years of experience, we surely can help you to optimize your business digitalization within a small budget and short time. Currently, we have 400+ IT consultants and developers in Mobile App, Web App, System Development, Blockchain Development and Testing Services. We have provided solutions to 600+ projects in several industries for clients worldwide. We are willing to become a companion on your way to success. Please tell us when is convenient for you to have an online meeting to discuss this further. Have a nice day!