Backend code is one of the most important features of software development that supports everything for the software development process. So how to choose suitable backend programming languages is a difficult question for your business when building a web app or creating a mobile app. VNEXT Global will recommend the top 4 best backend languages you should use in this article.
The Best Backend Languages Suggested By VNEXT Global
Let's see which one is the better choice for your business!
PHP or Hypertext Preprocessor is an open-source scripting language often used for website development. It runs all in the browser and the OS, allowing developers to produce images, PDF files, and even videos.
Benefits of PHP
- Active in multi-platform
- Easy to use due to open source
- Support communities effectively
- Sync with all databases
Drawback of PHP
- Not secure because of open source
- Not run for huge web applications
- Not allowed to change the core of online applications
- Not good at fixing bugs
Java is one of the most high-level, object-oriented, and multithreaded programming languages, especially applied for Android applications. Nowadays, there are more than three billion devices running Java. It is one of the most popular and used as a computing platform.
Benefits of Java
- Write only once and be used for any computing platform
- Easy to learn
- Build object-oriented applications
- Automate memory databases
Drawbacks of Java
- Take more time to run compared to C or C++
- Consume more memorable databases
- Need more costs to run due to higher processing requirements
- No support for lower backend programming languages
Python is a general-purpose language, used to build websites, software, and data structures. It allows developers to build a wide range of programs and is not specialized in any particular problem.
Benefits of Python
- Save time and increase productivity
- It is versatile, can be used for both small and large web applications.
- It integrates well with different technologies
Drawbacks of Python
- Hard to work with other programming languages
- Take more time due to the low excursion speed
- Easy to get bugs because only display when running program
- Not suitable for memory-intensive application
Ruby is an integrated, open-source programming language that has a lot of web frameworks. With the release of Ruby on Rails, it is used as a server-side language for web applications.
Benefits of Ruby
- Time efficiency, combine with Rails framework to build software quickly
- Well-developed communities, for example, GitHub
- Huge library, work based on the MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern
- Safe security, can against XSS, CSRF, and SQL Injection attacks
Drawbacks of Ruby
- Lower runtime compared to other technologies
- Pretty hard to run for non-standard features
- Lack of flexibility due to strict processing
- Not as popular as 3 aforementioned backend programming languages
Here are the best backend programming languages suggested by VNEXT Global. Hopefully, this article will help you to choose the best suitable backend programming language for your software projects.
If you are looking for a trusted IT partner, VNEXT Global is the ideal choice. With 14+ years of experience, we surely can help you to optimize your business digitalization within a small budget and short time. Currently, we have 400+ IT consultants and developers in Mobile App, Web App, System, Blockchain Development and Testing Services. We have provided solutions to 600+ projects in several industries for clients worldwide. We are willing to become a companion on your way to success. Please tell us when is convenient for you to have an online meeting to discuss this further. Have a nice day!